Muggs is a retired, 24-year veteran of the military. With 18 years in special operations, Muggs’ professional experience spans a broad range of technical and tactical skills essential for training the nation’s elite forces. Throughout his career he has trained hundreds of members of the special operations community in tactical mobility, as well as developed and utilized mobility tactics, training and procedures in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Muggs began motorcycle racing during his military career, culminating in the country’s longest off-road race: Vegas To Reno.
During his military training, Muggs noticed a gap in instruction that would link superb riding training and tactical mobility needed for special operations professionals. He then approached race-professionals Jimmy Lewis and Shane Watts to create a program that combines the necessary skills for riding with the tactical knowledge necessary for real-world missions, thus starting TM TORN.
Certifications and Major Accomplishments:
– Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) accredited Dirt Bike Coach/Instructor
– Certified to instruct MSF’s Closed Range Exercise and Introduction to Trail Riding courses
– ATV Safety Institute (ASI) accredited ATV Instructor
– Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association (ROHV) accredited Instructor
– Certified over one hundred special operation forces through MSF, ASI, and ROHV in safe operations of motorcycle, ATV, and Side-by-side utilization
– Developed the motorcycle and ATV safety program for a special DoD program
– Competed in several motorcycle race series with multiple podium finishes
– Vegas to Reno Expert division winner